Friday, January 25, 2013

The Path to Enlightenment or Buttering-Up: 101

This weekend's challenge from Trifextra is a timely one for me because it deals with the lovely concept of personification.  In the Grade 5/6 class that I help teach Language to, we are studying Personification right now!  True story.   We have covered simile and metaphor and so on down the line.  Personification is on tap, as I write this.  So, now that the prompt isn't a word that is banned at my school (like this week's prompt ), I will be able to share the excellent work of my fellow Trifectans, if you so allow.  Please let me know if you are comfortable having Grade 5/6 students attempt to discern the personification incorporated within your piece. I will not display anyone's work unless you expressly permit me to do so.
However, your work is a gold mine and my kids are in need of uncovering some treasure so, if you can help a guy out then, please give me a shout this weekend.  Thanks, in advance for your understanding and co-operation.  :)






The Path to Enlightenment or Buttering-Up: 101

Words
that pour forth
from the souls of Trifectans
burn brightly,
illuminating a path
for my students to follow.
May I warm their young minds
by the flames of your creativity
come Monday?