Saturday, November 23, 2013

Tag Team Champions

This weekend's Trifextra challenge is to come up with something that uses one certain word three times in the story.  All three times, the word must be used in the same form and so on.   I have chosen one of my favourite words, Daddy.   I waited what seemed like lifetime to hear it (I was 42 when my first loved was born.)  I still love hearing my girls call me Daddy and, most of the time, they use the term lovingly. However, the potential for for misuse and manipulation is great, as my story will illustrate.



Tag Team Champions

"Daddy?"

"Yes, Sweetie?"

"I love you, Daddy!"

"Thanks, Sweetheart. I love you, too!"


"Honey?"

"Yes, Dear?"

"She has to finish her homework before she goes shopping."


"Daddy!!!"

One storms off.

Two smile.

Parenting.