Friday, March 29, 2013

Love is the Always the Answer.

This weekend's Trifextra challenge concerns the inclusion of an idiom somewhere within the 33 words we are to use in our piece.

I have decided to dip my toes in the political waters of my neighbour, the United States.  The Defence of Marriage Act is presently being discussed by the United States Supreme Court.  Many people have many views on the topic of marriage depending upon their religious and/or political background.  My view is that I don't care where people get their politics or their doctrines.  If your views make you feel good inside then, I will be happy for you.  If your views allow you to reach out to others in the name of brotherhood and charity then, I will respect your actions.  When it comes to much of how I view life, there is nothing more important to me than goodness, kindness and generosity of spirit. These things that I hold dear all spring from that most precious and special of things:  Love.

I hope that the Supreme Court Justices, in their wisdom, render a decision that makes a positive, generation-defining difference in that most love-oriented of institutions.....Marriage.  

Good luck to all.






Love is Always the Answer

Marriage.
Two hearts beating as one.
Is the Defense of Marriage Act,
a road map or road block?
Let the final verdict be, 
as it always should, 
built upon a foundation
of Love.