Friday, June 28, 2013

There Was a Scream!

Today was my last day of school for this academic year!  What better way to celebrate than by entering this weekend's Trifextra challenge!!!    Enjoy.  :)     33 words and everything!


There Was a Scream!

Lightning flashed. Rain fell in sheets. Power failed.

There was a scream!

Reached out. Touched something soft and round.
There was a scream!

Power restored. Hands on Grandma's chest.
There was a scream!


When I was a boy, we would go to the country and visit with my Grandmother.  When we would arrive, my Grandma would greet us with a big smile, arms opened wide and plenty of hugs and kisses to go around. Not that I needed encouragement but, my mother would often exhort me to "go and give your Grandmother a little squeeze."  I doubt she was envisioning what happened in my post but, well, there you go.