Friday, October 26, 2012

A Quintessential Love?

This weekend's challenge from Trifecta is to write 33 words about the zombie life.

First of all, there are segments of the scientific and religious community who feel that there is nothing "undead" about zombies at all. Instead, zombies are victims of medicinally-induced poisoning that renders them susceptible to paralysis, mental manipulation and so on.  Toxins that produce this effect can be found in Haiti.

Secondly, in my younger days, I dated a young woman who grew increasingly infuriated with me whenever I attempted to solicit her opinion in, what appeared to my mind, to be the most mundane of decisions, i.e., "So, what movie do you want to see tonight?"  She got fed up one night and finally laid all of her cards on the table by, basically, saying, "I want a man who is strong and powerful and will sweep me off of my feet. I don't want to have to make any decisions in this relationship. The man for me will always know what to do and when to do it. I am tired of having to think for the men in my life!"

So, with both of these thoughts in mind, I bring you, "A Quintessential Love?"


A Quintessential Love?

I arrived at a Haitian village
Music played, strangers danced
I met a man. 

That night, he made dinner; 
sea stars and cucumber sandwiches. 

I live the life I love in borrowed shoes.