Friday, November 23, 2012

Heaven


This weekend's Trifextra challenge concerns those things in our lives that we consider our favourites.  My own list is voluminous in nature and, as such, better left for a lengthier blog entry for those who give a rat's ass about what my favourite things might happen to be.

So, instead, I attempted to focus on something a little more universal.   Hope you like it.  As always, I welcome your comments.



Heaven

The journey is long.

Solitary in nature. 

Water......Last drops consumed hours ago. 

Endless black ribbon, stretching to the horizon. 

In desperation, I pray 

for relief 

for salvation

So I....... 

             can finally.....

                                    pee!

14 comments:

  1. lol I like that! Unexpected and funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holding it in can be bad for you . . . let it go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a sophisticated "favourite" thing by any stretch but, just the same, we've all been on those never-ending car rides with a bladder ready to rupture and then......you finally get to go............ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhh! It is, almost, orgasmic under the right circumstances.
    Anyway, going for chuckles this time. Glad you liked my poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you got my chuckle! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's why I used to carry a Gatorade bottle for my son on long rides. Surely not a FAV thing but a thing, for sure. Really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally getting to go is the fun FAV thing. Glad you guys are having fun with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here I was expecting The Road and I get bathroom humor. Funny man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I teach in an elementary school (ages 4-12) and let me tell ya........toilet humour kills! Absolutely kills! I am quite sure they'd appreciate their teacher making a joke about pee!

    Student: Mr. MacInnes, can I go to the bathroom?
    Me: I don't know. Can you?

    Student: Mr. MacInnes, can I go to the bathroom?
    Me: What?! Right here?! No! That's gross!

    I've got plenty! What is most surprising is that it has taken me this many challenges before hauling out the old toilet humour card and playing it.
    Sometimes, a story is deep and profound....sometimes its just about pee! What can I say? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to make you read a "pee" poem at 6:35 in the morning. What a way to start your day.

    ReplyDelete